Monday, January 31, 2011

Sum Yum Yum-White Truffle Fluff

Winter Veggies

Beef Short Rib and white truffle fluff
These two photos are two of the nicest looking plates I have at my current underground dinners.  Well the first one is.  The second one is probably the most improved presentation from the beginning.  It's all a process for me.  This menu is the first time I've really felt like I've gotten most of the recipes down for each dish, now it is about me arranging the plates.  Most of the time I make everything then wing it the day of when it comes to composition and it usually makes everyone very happy but I never feel like I get it quite right.  The past week I've been really sitting down and sketching out each dish.  I've had several repeat diners but none repeating this particular menu, therefore, I will have this menu for a while which gives me time to work on style.  I'm obsessed with it.  Spending lots of time reinventing the fabrication of each meat, vegetable, fruit etc.  But I wanted to share with you a delicious treat to add to a entree or dessert at home if you have the time and ingredients to make it.
145g water
300g glucose
200g sugar
1/2t white truffle oil
11/2 sheet gelatin, bloomed
Heat glucose and sugar and 75 g water together until sugar is hot and melted.  Add 70g water and gelatin to stand mixer attached with whisk, pour in glucose sugar water mixture slowly and gradually increase speed to highest setting.  When marshmallow begins to fluff, add truffle oil.  And that's it, white truffle fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment