Thursday, January 13, 2011

Provenance Food and Wine!

Carmelina tomatoes, make a sauce, make a sorbet!
The fingers-crossed... if things go just right... hopefully-future in-laws coming into town?  You want to hit Provenance Food and Wine beforehand.  Get a few things, it's in the bag, you'll impress them, I swear.  I just love all of our local shops in Chicago that are so wonderful about supporting locals.  Provenance food and wine has wonderful purveyors as well as really cool boutique wines, excellent cheeses-local and distant and yummy sausages.  I can't even buy the truffle sausage anymore because I just eat it in one day.  I have no respect for it it's so good, does that make sense?  It does to me.  The thing I love best about Provenance is if you have an imagination you can go there, just there and create a 15 course meal.  I think they know this, they just want you to figure it out for yourself.  But with all the combinations of honeys, breads, cheeses, local meat, eggs, pastas, spreads, you really can!  I love this store.  I love the owners, both extremely knowledgeable and helpful when it comes to food and wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment