Thursday, May 5, 2011

Rewards and Pangs of the Forage. Fuck!

Yeah so I'm pretty sure this is poison ivy and if it's not then it's something else fucking itchy!  Not only that, Tonya Pierce, my partner who has been gone for the last three days working on her design show, which I'm sure most of you know about if you see my personal facebook page and twitter account and I hope you will vote for her ;)...well anyways I drew a bath for her tonight and when I showed her this I was banned.  Ooph.  And now as I'm sitting her writing about this everything is starting to feel itchy but I'm not a scratcher.  Ew.

ramps
In the picture above there is a ramp pesto and pickled ramp bulbs.  The bulbs are cleaned and then placed in a deli with coriander, pinch of salt, and green peppercorns.  My pickle is 1/2 cup sugar, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar, 1/2 cup sugar, heated together to dissolve sugar, poured over ramps, allowed to cool, sealed and refrigerated.  For the pesto I chopped the tops and placed them in a food processor with 1 clove of garlic that I toasted in a skillet with hot oil, a handful of cashews, salt and olive oil.  Blend tops, toasted garlic, cashews and salt, slowly drizzle in oil.  Taste, season to your liking.  This was a recipe for about ten ramps.  It's simple, easy to wing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment